Would you like to be part of a scientific study?
There's a set of clinical trials underway
and we'll be glad to give you more details.
EMG Biofeedback has been tested,
analyzed and proven to be effective
in several conditions and pathologies.
Here's some data to help you get started:
1) LEVANGIE, P. K., HUMPHREY, E. C. The shoulder girdle: kinesiology review. Magazine of physical therapy. 2000, y. 8, n. 12, p. 48-61.; PATERSON, C. & SPARKS, V. The effects of a six week scapular muscle exercise programme on the muscle activity of the scapular rotators in tennis players with shoulder impingement — A pilot study. 2006; MATIAS, R. & CRUZ, R. Estabilidade Dinâmica. 2004; SANTOS, C. Protocolo de fisioterapia, com auxílio de biofeedback electromiográfico, em utentes com disfunções do ombro: efeitos na dor, funcionalidade e estabilidade dinâmica. 2011;
2) BØ, K. et al. Single blind, randomised controlled trial of pelvic floor exercises, electrical stimulation, vaginal cones, and no treatment in management of genuine stress incontinence in women. 1999; BØ, K. Is there still a place for physiotherapy in the treatment of female incontinence?. 2003; BENEDETTO, P. Female urinary incontinence rehabilitation. 2004;
3)ENGEL, J. M., JENSEN, M. P., & SCHWARTZ, L. (2004). Outcome of biofeedback-assisted relaxation for pain in adults with cerebral palsy: preliminary findings. Applied psychophysiology and biofeedback, 29(2), 135-140.;
4) BOLEK, J. E. (2003). A preliminary study of modification of gait in real-time using surface electromyography. Applied psychophysiology and biofeedback, 28(2), 129-138.; BOLEK, J. E. (2006). Use of multiple-site performance-contingent SEMG reward programming in pediatric rehabilitation: A retrospective review. Applied psychophysiology and biofeedback, 31(3), 263-272.; DURSUN, E., DURSON, N. & ALICAN, D. Ankle-foot orthoses: effect on gait in children with cerebral palsy. 2002;
5) BOLEK, J. E. Use of Multiple-Site Performance-Contingent SEMG Reward Programming in Pediatric Rehabilitation: A Retrospective Review. 2006;
6) SCHLEENBAKER, Randal E.; MUINOUS III, Arch G. Electromyographic biofeedback for neuromuscular reeducation in the hemiplegic stroke patient: a meta-analysis. Medicine, 1993, 40536: 0284.